This upgraded series is based on MS Office 2007, with Windows 7 as the operating system. The MS Office 2010 features have also been highlighted at relevant places in the MS Office chapters. Designed for students of classes 1 to 8, the series covers the basics of computers and of Internet services. The MS Office modules focus on the main software comprising MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access. The series also takes up MSWLogo in primary and QBASIC in the middle school as an introduction to the concepts of computer programming.
1. Practice Time after every major topic provides students situational exercises with their solutions to reinforce learning.
2. Fast Forward highlights the keyboard shortcuts for commands, to help users save time while performing routine operations.
3. Top Tip gives students useful tips on the options available for different operations.
4. Tricky Terms at the end of a chapter lists the important terms a student comes across in the chapter along with their definitions.
5. Memory Bytes summarizes the chapter for a quick review of all the topics in that chapter.
6. Exercises contain a variety of questions to comprehensively test the student on the theoretical understanding of concepts.
7. In the Lab provides situation-based practical questions that are to be tried hands-on, thus encouraging critical thinking in students and developing their ability to choose the correct commands and operations.
8. Test Papers after every three or four chapters align with formative assessment recommendations of the NCERT and the CBSE while the Final Test Paper is a model for summative assessment.
9. Update Office 2010 describes the new or additional features introduced in MS Office 2010 when compared with MS Office 2007
10. Appendix contains challenging Projects, a set of Practice Questions for the Cyber Olympiad, and Revision questions.
|Oxford Fast Forward - A complete Course in Computer Science for Class 5
|ISBN / Product Code
|Board : K12
|CBSE Board (NCERT)
|Select Books by Class
|Subject : School Books
|Alka Sabharwal, Sangeeta Panchal
|Oxford University Press
|Published by Oxford University Press ,Address: 12th floor, World Trade Tower, 201306, Sector 16, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301,In case of any queries regarding books, please call Phone: 0120 451 2300 email@example.com